A backup generator is installed to keep the new 700 GPM pump station working if a power outage occurs.
Camp Shelby Sewer Rehabilitation - Pump Station Phase
Camp Shelby · near Hattiesburg, Mississippi · Forrest County
The concrete wet wells of the new 700 GPM pump station shortly after construction.
Before WGK, Inc. could redesign the wastewater treatment process at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, and extensive rehabilitation of the sanitary sewer network was required. Upgrades to two important pump stations were carried out under this phase of the job. In order to meet the target treatment capacity of the new aerated lagoon, which was designed to treat 250,000 gallons per day, the pumping power of the sewer system had to be upgraded. This feat was accomplished by installing a new 700 GPM Triplex station and upgrading the treatment plant's influent station to 10 MGD, with modern SCADA controls installed for both. This phase of the improvements was necessary to maintain flows that would keep the lagoon in compliance.
- Upgrade of influent pump station to 10 MGD.
- Addition of mechanical fine screen.
- Construction of 700 GPM Triplex pump station with programmable controller.
- Both stations integrated in the system’s existing SCADA controls.
- Replacement of SCADA controls at nine sites.
- Total Project Cost: $1 million.