Raymond East Lagoon Improvements - Hinds Penal Farm
Raymond , Mississippi · Hinds County
The City of Raymond’s East Lagoon was having a hard time coping with the new Hinds County Penal Farm in 2007, as an excessive amount of trash from the facility was being flushed into the lagoon’s components, clogging pump stations and causing sewage backups at the facility. WGK worked with the city and the institution to solve the problem, which required the construction of new grinder pump stations, including a large “Muffin Monster” to shred non-organic materials and screw lift to extract the rubbish. Standard updates to the lagoon were also performed
- Installation of stop gate and two frames.
- Installation of new manual screen.
- Installation of Augermonster system.
- Installation of 2-inch backflow preventer.
- Construction of 446 linear feet of 2-inch PVC water main.
- Construction of 1,567 linear feet of DI and PVC force main.
- Construction of 1,081 linear feet of PVC gravity main.
- Installation of 2,873 ductile iron fittings.
- Construction of 4 new manholes.
- CCTV of 3,000 linear feet of existing gravity lines.
- Installation of 1 paddlewheel aerator.
- Construction of complete pump station.