Stacks of PVC sewer main sit at the edge of the job site, awaiting installation.
Roxie CDBG Sewer Expansion
Roxie, Mississippi · Franklin County
Construction workers dig up the right-of-way, careful to avoid a resident's garden.
Sewer main is installed along a roadside.
The Town of Roxie provides water and sewer services to its residents, but a group of more than 21 citizens on the north side of town were without a sewer connection. The people of this neighborhood were coping with old septic tanks, at or near the point of failure, while others were simply discharging raw sewage onto the ground, creating unsanitary living conditions for everyone in the area and a potential threat for those living downstream. The town decided to extend sewer services to the neighborhood and retained WGK, Inc., to design the new system, which included rehabilitation to existing components and the installation of a new pump station for increased flow.
- Installation of 3,220 linear feet of 3-inch SCH 40 PVC force main.
- Installation of 1,507 linear feet of 8-inch sewer main with Type A bedding/haunching.
- Installation of 1,784 linear feet of PVC sewer service piping.
- Installation of seven 48-inch manholes.
- Existing pump station rehabilitation.
- Construction of 48-inch fiberglass grinder pump station.
- Normal and heavy cleaning of 2,509 linear feet of sewer piping.
- Street and grounds repairs.
- Total Estimated Project Cost: $353,500.