New sewer lines connect to a manhole.
Oakley Water and Wastewater Improvements
Oakley Youth Development Center · Raymond, Mississippi · Hinds County
A pair of new blowers are ready for installation to power the aeration system of the new 60,000 GPD wastewater treatment plant.
A new control panel makes operating the new systems much easier.
By the late 2000s, Oakley Youth Development Center, a juvenile correctional facility located near Raymond, Miss., was in need of several upgrades to its on-site water and wastewater systems. WGK, Inc. was asked to design a plan of improvements for the campus that would eliminate lead-based paint on the elevated water storage tank, replace and repair faulty sewer lines that frequently failed, replace an inadequate wastewater pumping station and replace a wastewater treatment lagoon with a new mechanical plant.
- Elevated water storage tank rehabilitation and painting.
- Water well abandonment.
- Construction of a new 8-inch sewer line across campus.
- Installation of a new pump station to increase flows campus wide, including new forcemain to the wastewater treatment plant.
- Installation of 60,000 GPD wastewater treatment plant with fine screen.
- Installation of 200,000 square-foot treated wastewater drip system.
- Total project cost: $1.6 million