Workers prepare to move a PVC sewer main into position.
Ole Brook Sewer Extension
Brookhaven, Mississippi · Lincoln County
Workers make sure the manhole base is level before installing the next section of PVC sewer main.
When the City of Brookhaven extended its borders through annexation in 2007, it took in about 50 homes in the Ole Brook community that had never been connected to any sanitary sewer service. Many homes relied on septic tanks that had long since reached capacity and were bubbling up, while other homes dumped directly into roadside ditches, where poor drainage caused the raw sewage to pool and linger in the neighborhood. Working through an inter-local agreement, Brookhaven and Lincoln County sought WGK, Inc., to design an extension of the city sewer system into the newly annexed area, terminating decades-old sewage problems and improving the local living conditions.
- Excavation and removal of obstructions.
- Installation of 5,328 linear feet of gravity sanitary sewer piping and associated manholes.
- Installation of 4,080 linear feet of 4-inch PVC sewer service piping.
- Installation of 1,200 linear feet of various sized storm drainage piping.
- Installation of 3,035 linear feet of C-900 PVC water main, tracer wire, terminal boards and caps.
- Connection of water and sewer systems.
- Street and driveway repair.
- Total Estimated Project Cost: $800,000.