WGK, Inc. performed construction engineering on a walking and biking trail leading from the entrance into Alcorn State University that went through the woods and across a pond levy until it reached the loop into the campus. The project consisted of the construction of a 1.5-mile long, 10-foot wide asphalt walking and biking trail designed for any non-motorized use and will offer joggers/ bikers and walkers a place to get exercise. The walking and biking trail was funded by a STP program through the Mississippi Department of Transportation to Alcorn State University.
- Design of grading and culverts
- Complete striping and signage package
- Design of grade drainage and trail paving
- Construction administration
- Total project cost: $1.1 million