In 2006, Hinds Community College personnel begin to notice some unsettling settling in one of the main campus parking lots. A long, corrugated metal drainage pipe beneath the parking lot had rusted and collapsed, causing the pavement to sink in. The college called upon WGK, Inc. to design a project to excavate the bad pipe and replace it with a structure that could hold up to the weight of the parking lot overhead—a precast concrete culvert and was installed in sections and the parking lot repaired.
- Excavation and removal of existing failed corrugated metal drainage pipe.
- Installation of 433 linear-foot, 8-foot by 6-foot precast concrete box culvert.
- Curb, asphalt and striping repair.
- Installation of concrete collars.
- Total Project Cost: $340,300.