The City of Kosciusko called upon WGK, Inc., to carry out this project to modernize a pair of intersections along Highway 12—one of the city’s main thoroughfares—at North Jackson and Martin Luther King. The project called for the removal of existing cable-hung signals and outdate controller equipment, to be replaced with modern, LED signals secured to mast arms and new controller technology. Signal loops were checked and repaired/installed as needed. The intersection was brought to current MDOT standards and matched other intersection improvements around the city.
- Ongoing traffic maintenance and control, including signage.
- Installation of approximately 2,000 linear feet of shielded cable, AWG14, 4 conductor.
- Installation of approximately 1,500 linear feet of various underground electrical cables housed in conduit.
- Installation of approximately 1,200 linear feet of various underground traffic signal conduit.
- Installation of eight 17-foot galvanized traffic signal equipment poles, with mast arms from 30 to 55 feet.
- Installation of LED traffic signal heads.
- Installation of two Solid State Actuated Controllers.
- Total project cost: $139,000.