To facilitate the growth of Rex Lumber Brookhaven, a local sawmill and important industry, city leaders turned to WGK, Inc., for the planning and design of an approximately $1.3 million industrial access road, a project undertaken with close coordination with the federal Economic Development Agency and the Mississippi Development authority. The base of the half-mile route was rehabilitated and the new road built thick and wide to handle the enormous strain that will be placed on it by the dozens of 84,000-pound log trucks expected to enter and exit the facility daily.
- Clearing, excavation and destruction of existing road and drainage structures, 9,700 square yard of roadway preparation.
- Installation of 1,100 tons of crushed stone road base and 13,205 square yards of cement reclamation.
- Installation of approximately 3,035 tons of asphalt.
- Installation of 20,300 square yards of 8.5-inch concrete pavement.
- Painting of 3,400 linear feet of roadway striping.
- Installation of 400 linear feet of reinforced concrete drainage pipe and 350 linear feet of water and sewer lines.
- Installation of Avery Weigh-Tronix scales.
- Total Project Cost: $1.26 million.