In 2014, the Claiborne County Board of Supervisors initiated a State Aid Road Rehabilitation project for the base repair, leveling, edge repair, and signing and striping of Willows-Big Black Road, Carlisle-Rocky Springs Road, Insmore Road, and Russum-Westside Road. As the County Engineer WGK prepared the project program, preliminary estimates, complete surveying and construction plan preparation. WGK also performed the construction engineering for the successful project construction. These activities included the construction review, materials testing, construction staking, pay request preparation, and project close out in compliance with the standard operating procedure of State Aid.
- Field Survey & Data Collection
- Traffic control planning and complete project signage.
- Base Repair & Leveling
- Striping Plans
- 213.9 tons of hot mix asphalt.
- 216,300 linear feet or 40.9 miles of 4-inch and 6-inch white and yellow thermoplastic edge, traffic and detail striping.
- 1,480 c.y. of Seal Aggregate for DBST
- 28 s.y. of grouted rip rap ditches to prevent erosion from undermining the roadway.