Alcorn State University NRCS Drainage Improvements
Mississippi · Claiborne County
Alcorn State University in Claiborne County required upgrades to various drainage structures on campus which had failed, or were failing, due to age, especially the primary drainage ditch curling around the football stadium that emptied into sizeable pond. The school hired WGK, Inc. to design a project in coordination with the National Resource Conservation Service to correct the drainage issues.
- Clearing and removal of existing drainage structures.
- Installation of 6,500 square yards of geotextile matting.
- Installation of 42,000 square feet of articulated concrete block.
- Installation of 440 linear feet of polyethylene and PVC pipe.
- Installation of 70 linear feet of reinforced concrete and corrugated metal pipe and 17 inlets.
- Installation of 1,440 cubic yards of riprap
- Road and sidewalk repairs.
- Total Project Cost: $493,000.